Get Paid While Training For A New Career!
Prime’s Student Driver Program offers:
• Training to earn your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) if needed
• $700 weekly pay while training after acquiring CDL
• 1-to-1 student/trainer ratio
• Hands-on, over-the-road training
• Business ownership opportunities
…and many other advantages over traditional driving schools!
PRIME STUDENT DRIVER (PSD) PROGRAM
Prime’s PSD begins with you obtaining your CDL permit. Then you’ll go on the road with a certified CDL instructor for no less than 75 hours of one-on-one behind the wheel training. After training, you’ll return to Prime’s corporate headquarters in Springfield, Missouri, for final CDL state testing and your CDL license. Then you can enter our program with guaranteed pay!
Obtain CDL Permit / 4 Days
- Enter program, study and test for Missouri CDL permit.
- Start driving/training at Prime Training Center in Springfield, Missouri.
- Work toward 40,000 training dispatched miles (minimum) with food allowance while without CDL (Food allowance is paid back with future earnings).
On-the-Road Instruction / 10,000 Miles
- Train with experienced certified CDL instructor for 3-4 weeks in a real world environment.
- Get 75 hours of behind-the-wheel time with one-on-one student/instructor ratio.
- Earn 10,000 miles toward total 40,000 miles needed.
Pass Final CDL Skills Test / 30,000 miles
- In Springfield, pass final state CDL exam.
- Obtain CDL with HazMat endorsement.
- Receive certification and begin as a “B2” company driver trainee.
- Earn 12¢ per mile ($700 per week guaranteed).
- Complete additional 30,000 miles toward total 40,000 mile goal. (10,000 miles + 30,000 miles = 40,000 miles completed)
ACE Orientation / 40,000 miles
- Take ACE Orientation at Prime Training Center.
- Pass upgrade skills test and get into own truck.
- Earn 38¢ per mile ($850 to $1050 per week) or 43¢ per mile in our ECO Featherweight truck/trailers ($950 to $1200 per week).
- Eligible for Success Leasing Truck or Company Driver position. Required: No accidents & must complete ACE, Driving Skills Test and Smith System.
If you have obtained a CDL from an outside school, you will go straight to our Company Driver Orientation and then train with a TNT Trainer for a total of 40,000 miles. If the truck is moving, it counts toward your requirement of total miles. You will receive a minimum of $600 per week for the duration of your training.
*Recent graduates from CDL schools may qualify for tuition reimbursement up to $1500. Ask your Recruiter to see if you qualify.
If you’re ready to be the best, partner with the best: Prime inc.